Spruce up your guacamole appetizer with these easy, tasty add-ins! I usually make guacamole with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and call it good. It doesn’t need anything else to taste good, however having something different can always be more exciting! Which is exactly what I am needing in my food right now…excitement. I’m doing a paleo challenge for the next two weeks, starting yesterday, and what will get me to survive through it is sprucing up simple, easy, paleo dishes. I have done many month long paleo challenges in the past, and had slowly developed into an 80/20 paleo diet (80% paleo) which is exactly what I enjoy and is perfect for my body. However, I’ve fallen into more of a 50/50 diet (with majority of the other 50% being gluten free) and I’ve noticed a difference in how I feel…and well people, the scale doesn’t lie, unfortunately. Why am I doing only 2 weeks strict instead of a month like I’ve done in the past, you may ask? I have too many fun and exciting things happening in May that require soaking up the sun, with some tasty cocktails and gluten-free pizza. It’s my husbands 30th birthday celebration one weekend, and the following weekend we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary! Exciting things coming up! Follow me during my 2 week paleo journey! Whoop, whoop!
what you need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 orange pepper, minced
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup grilled corn
- 1/4 cup pineapple, diced (from small can of pineapple in 100% pineapple juice)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons pineapple juice (juice from pineapple can)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
what you do:
- Barbecue corn on the cob on grill, set aside to cool. Cut corn off the cob, and measure out 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add minced peppers and saute until cooked down, 5-8 minutes.
- Add avocados to a medium size mixing bowl and stir to the consistency of your liking. (I like just a little bit of avocado chunks.) Add sauted peppers, corn, pineapple, red onion, pineapple juice, lime, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Stir everything together until completely combined.
- Serve with plantain chips, or your chip of choice. Enjoy!