These peppers are just exactly what they say they are in the title. Anaheim peppers stuffed with pepper jack cheese and crushed pineapple then grilled to perfection. They are delicious. It’s just the perfect flavor of sweet and spicy that will leave a wonderful taste in your mouth and wanting more. It makes for a wonderful side when barbecuing, just like corn on the cob. But, don’t not make the corn if you are making these. It’s not a proper barbecue without corn on the cob! You need both of these sides in your life. I am loving the time change, that happened just recently. Between the time change, and perfect Southern California weather, it is officially barbecue season! I love the fact that I can get home from work and throw something on the grill with it still being light out. No one likes to barbecue in the dark. I’ll be getting creative and explore different ways to prepare and cook food this season with a barbecue because everything tastes barbecued. And that’s a fact!
Grilled Pepper Jack Pineapple Stuffed Anaheim Peppers
what you need: (serves 1)
- 1 Anaheim Pepper
- 1 Pepper Jack Cheese Stick (1 oz)
- Can Crushed Pineapple (smallest can you can an find)
what you do:
- Wash and dry pepper. Cut off the tip, making the opening large enough for a small spoon to fit inside the pepper. Using the small spoon, scrap out the seeds as best as you can, trying to get them all out.
- Stuff the cheese stick into the pepper and push it down to one side.
- Stuff crushed pineapple in the rest of the space in the hole, filling it until it reaches the top. (I used the backside of a knife and sometimes my finger to shove the pineapple down to the bottom)
- Grill on a barbecue under medium-low heat for 10 minutes per side. Serve hot.