I love egg muffins! They are so easy to make and so convenient to store to have them on hand for breakfasts on-the -go. I also love how they are already perfectly portioned out. I eat a lot of eggs so just 1 muffin wouldn’t cut it for me. I eat 2, and it’s perfect! Don’t like an ingredient in these muffins? No problem, just sub it with something else! Bacon, ham, peppers, olives, spinach, artichoke hearts, green onion, really the list can go on forever. Or you can just throw in whatever ingredients you have in your fridge, like I did! 🙂
Sausage Egg Muffins
what you need: (makes 6-9 egg muffins)
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz ground breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzorella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt/pepper taste
what you do:
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until completely mixed together and slightly fluffy.
- Add sour cream, and whisk for an additional couple of minutes.
- Cook sausage in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Once sausage is almost cooked through, add tomatoes and onions to the pan. Saute together until onions become translucent and sausage is all the way cooked through.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, and onions, and cheese to the egg in the mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Grease muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into muffin tins, just about full to the rim.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before eating. Store them in an air tight container in a fridge to save for the later. A perfect breakfast on-the-go!