Happy Friday! Happy weekend! Here’s to the freakin weekend. Wow, I’m sure we can all agree that I’m excited for the weekend! I LOVE this salad! My husband and I both had this salad for dinner and both were full, so it’s a perfect well-balanced, protein-fueled meal. I made double, so I can have leftover for lunches this weekend. Yum! Maybe that’s why I’m excited for the weekend.
Protein Fuel Salad
what you need: (serves 2)
- 4 cups salad lettuce of choice (I used a kale mix)
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup dressing of choice. (I used balsamic vinaigrette)
what you do:
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Layer ingredients, chicken, carrots, almonds, peas, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and corn. Enjoy the beauty of it for a few seconds.
- Pour dressing over the ingredients and toss salad. Dish up and serve!