I love how the food ingredients that are in the title of this dish aren’t even shown in this photo . I promise there is quinoa and chicken below those cheesy vegetables. There’s just something about an assortment of cooked vegetables that I love, especially when they’re smothered in melted cheese! You can easily eliminate the melted cheese from this dish, that just goes directly on top, but I highly recommend not to. Unless you’re allergic of course.
I haven’t been consistently posting the last few weeks because I’ve been so busy celebrating my 30th birthday, which didn’t leave much time for me to be experimenting in the kitchen. Yes, my 30th celebration lasted 2 weeks. There were many festivities and gatherings with family and friends, it was all so much fun and made saying hello to my thirties a bit easier. I’m surrounded by the most amazing husband, family, and friends, I am truly blessed. A post will be coming soon on my 30th Birthday Festivities! Can’t wait to share all the amazing things that occurred!
Layered Chicken Quinoa Dish
what you need: (serves 4)
- Near East’s Quinoa Blend Rosemany & Olive Oil OR 2 cups cooked quinoa or rice of choice
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 medium-sized yellow squash
- 4 medium-sized carrots
- 1 LBS chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
what you do:
- Cube the raw chicken breasts. (It will cut a lot easier into smaller cubes if you stick it in the freezer for about an hour before cutting.)
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken cubes, and saute until the outsides are cooked. Add rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper, and saute until chicken is cooked all the way through, about another 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
- While chicken is cooking, cut zucchini, squash, and carrots into small cubes. Make sure to peel the carrots before cutting.
- Follow instructions here, and cook the Quinoa Blend.
- White quinoa blend is cooking, steam cut vegetables in a steamer until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Make sure not to overcook them.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with a non-cooking spray. (I used olive oil spray.)
- Layer the ingredients in the pan, following this order. Quinoa, chicken, steamed vegetables, and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is completed melted.
- Dish up and enjoy! Wow, I said 10 minutes a lot.