There’s something about digging your hand into a homemade snack that’s just so rewarding! It has that extra touch of love that you won’t get from a store bought snack. I made white chocolate dipped pretzels for the Valentine’s Day Snack Mix that I made a few weeks ago, and loved them so much, I was inspired to make a gluten free version! I will be snacking on these puppies while I’m fighting nausea, playing road trip games, and probably blaring 90’s music on our way to South Lake Tahoe at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow morning. I mentioned in an earlier post, referring to my trip to Sacramento, how I’m not a fan of road trips because the car ride and I don’t get along. I get car sick way too easily. Well, I will be on a 9 hour road trip tomorrow, on my birthday!! Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me! I’m The Big 3-0 you guys, practically. I get to enjoy my twenties for another 14 hours or so. Eek!
Hand-Dipped Pretzel Snack (Gluten-Free)
what you need:
- 8 oz bag Glutino’s Gluten Free Pretzel Twists
- 10 oz package Enjoy Life Chocolate Mega Chunks
- Rainbow Sprinkles (optional)
what you do:
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler. Remove from heat. Transfer melted chocolate to a smaller bowl, if necessary. (I created my own double broiler by steadying a small pot on top of a larger one with boiling water.)
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Dip half of the pretzel into the chocolate. Lay flat on the parchment paper. Immediately add some sprinkles, if you’d like. (I made half with sprinkles, half without.)
- Leave them sitting out to harden, about 1 hour. After they are hardened a little bit, you may transfer them to a tupperware, stacking them with parchment paper in-between, and place them in the fridge. I left mine in the fridge overnight.
- Store them in an air tight container for up to a week.