I enjoyed this omelette yesterday morning, which was such a good start to my great day! I love egg white omelettes. Fired egg whites are just the best. But seriously, I had such a great day yesterday. Even though I was a little tired and hungover it was still a great day. I mean seriously, who gets hungover from 2 beers? 2 beers! Apparently, I do. But I figured out what is was. I had 2 IPA’s, which I later find out that the alcohol content is double what a normal beer is. Yay me, I’m so smart. Anyway, I cooked and ate this fabulous omelette while I was watching Thursday’s Ellen DeGeneres Show, the one that Adele appeared and performed on after her Grammy performance, while doing laundry. I’m the queen of multi-tasking. Then I went to the gym and sweated out my 2 beers on the Stair Master, then did the yoga class from 11 AM – 12:00 PM. I then went to Robeks and got my new favorite drink called Fitness Fuel, which has peanut butter, protein powder, bananas, maple water, and coffee. I’ve made one inspired by the Fitness Fuel and it’s pretty tasty! Maple Banana Protein-Fueled Smoothie. I then went and got a mani/pedi. I even left loving my gel manicure color. Sometimes, they just don’t turn out the way the sample does. My final color turned out a little bit different than the sample, but I love it even better than the sample. I then went home and lazed around for a bit and showered and got ready for my birthday party with some family at 4:30. The beginning of my 30th Birthday festivities begin! My husband and sister made it so special! There was a questionnaire about me with prizes, a slide show, decorations, a big card for everyone to sign, a photo booth, and the best company. It was so special! They are planning on bringing the card and photo booth to the few parties we are having, how cute and special is that!? We had Urban Cafe’s sandwiches and salad, which is one of my favorite places to eat in town, and a Gluten-Free cake from Nothing Bundt Cake! It just can’t get any better than that. More birthday festivities and fun stories to come!
Mediterranean Egg White Omelette
what you need: (serves 1)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, or fresh chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 egg whites
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 small avocado
what you do:
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a 6″ skillet over medium heat.
- Once garlic becomes fragrant, add spinach, tomato, and olives. Saute until spinach is cooked all the way through, or cooked down for fresh spinach.
- Crack 3 egg whites into a small mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, and whisk together.
- Lower the heat to “Low” and pour egg whites in the pan over the spinach, tomato, and olives. Lay a piece of foil over the skillet.
- Cook until the top of the eggs are a brighter white and not jiggly (about 5-7 minutes). Flip the eggs over like a pancake. Continue to cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add feta cheese crumbles to half of the egg circle. Fold in half to create the perfect omelette.
- Eat with avocado slices. Enjoy! 🙂