I was so in love with last weeks Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Pine Nuts (and I had leftover bacon), that I had to make it again! The flavors were wonderful and I thought they would taste fantastic sautéed with some garlic olive oil and penne pasta. It was fabulous! Candy pasta, melt in your mouth, delicious. OK, enough yummy food talk, because now I’m salivating and starving.
So, I’m turning 30 in 8 days! 8 days!! I will be the first person to admit that I do not want to turn 30. I don’t know what it is, but I’m having a really hard time saying goodbye to my twenties. My dreams of becoming a Disney star is officially over, for sure. But at the same time, I also have this feeling that my thirties are going to kick ass more so than my twenties. So, I’m not wanting to turn 30 but then at the same time I’m also excited because I think a lot of amazing fun and exciting things will happen during my next decade. Don’t want to turn 30, but looking forward to it. Yep, makes no sense. Welcome to the life of ME! (My poor husband! :))
Garlic Oil Penne Pasta with Sautéed Bacon Brussels Sprouts
what you need: (serves 4)
- 12 oz. Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Pine Nuts
what you do:
- First prepare and make Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Pine Nuts. Set aside in a bowl. Leave frying pan out.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-9 minutes. Drain pasta.
- In the skillet that you used for the Brussels sprouts, heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and stir around until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add pasta to the skillet and stir until all the pasta is coated with the olive oil.
- Add the sautéed Brussels sprouts with bacon & pine nuts, and sauté on low for an additional 5 minutes before serving.