I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine’s Day! This snack mix is a perfect Valentine’s Day treat. I had so much fun making these! I wish I had a child, so I could send he/she off to school with these to hand out to all of their classmates. Some day, I’ll get to play mommy life, and I’ll love it. But until then, I’ll make cute little snack packs for my husband and I. Nah, we have to share with someone else! I’m planning on dropping some off at my mom’s house and bringing some to work. Eek, these just make me so happy! Yes, I’m a nerd. So, I almost went with raw almonds for a “healthier” version, but then I was thinking that it’s already loaded with chocolate, and gluten (from the pretzels) so why not pick something else that would be just a bit tastier. I LOVE honey roasted peanuts, but never really eat them. Those little puppies became the winner!
You can easily change the colored sprinkles, and M&M color to whatever season or holiday it is! Christmas, Saint Patty’s, Fourth of July, the possibilities are endless!
Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
what you need:
- 1 package 12-oz white morsels
- 4 cups heart shaped pretzels
- 1 package 11.40-oz M&Ms (Valentine’s Day colors)
- 5 cups popped plain sea salt popcorn
- 2-1/4 cups honey roasted peanuts
- Valentine’s colored sprinkles
what you do:
- Lay out some parchment paper on the counter.
- Heat white morsels in a small sauce pan on low heat, continuously stirring. Once they are completely melted, transfer from heat to a small bowl.
- Dip eat pretzels into the chocolate and set directly on the parchment paper. Immediatly sprinkle on some sprinkles directly onto the pretzel.
- Repeat, until all the pretzels are done.
- Let them sit for about 15 minutes to harder.
- Add M&Ms, popcorn, peanuts, and pretzels in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold all the ingredients together. Do not stir too hard.
- Transfer to small cups, zip locks baggies, or whichever container you would like.