All the ingredients are in the title! How amazing is that. It’s the small things that make me that happy. It’s that simple, which makes it even more delicious. A vegetable dish that tastes like candy, is what I like to call it. I finally figured out the secret to cooking brussels sprouts that make them taste good, instead of rotten. I couldn’t figure out why they always tasted bitter and just…off. Want to know the secret? K, here it is. Bacon! Bacon is the answer…and is actually the answer to a lot of things. But really, in this case it is the answer. Bacon grease pairs perfectly well with the brussels sprouts flavor and hides the bitter taste. You’re welcome!
what you need: (serves 4, side dish)
- 24 oz. Brussels Sprouts
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1/4 cup of Pine Nuts
what you do: (20 minutes cook time)
- Cook 4 pieces of bacon over the stove in a medium sized skillet over medium/low heat, flipping bacon once. Once bacon is cooked through, remove bacon and set on a paper towel to cool. Do not remove the bacon grease in the pan.
- Wash Brussels Sprouts. Cut off each stem, and then in half.
- Add Brussels Sprouts to the bacon grease on the pan. Sautee on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- While Brussels Sprouts are cooking, cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. (Not too small, not too big.)
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add bacon pieces and pine nuts. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve and eat up!