Want to know one (of many) of my food weaknesses? Peanut butter and honey! Seriously, it’s the best combination. I wish I didn’t like it so much because it results in consuming too much. Right now, I’m on a peanut butter and honey on a gluten free waffle kick. I just can’t get enough; so, I decided to make a cookie with that combination. I like chunky cookies, so I had to add the oats, and it’s hard to leave out chocolate chips in any cookie, duh. That left me with making a peanut butter honey oatmeal cookie of some sort with chocolate chips. These cookies are now dangerously just sitting on my counter. It’s too easy to just walk by and not want to grab one. Instead, I walk by and take a bite of one. Ha, at least it’s only my husband that will see cookies with missing bites! You can’t do that when you have a house full of people!
Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
what you need: (makes 20-22 cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey, melted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients, flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, honey, eggs, and peanut butter to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, you may have to use your hands.
- Using your hands, create 1 – 2 inch balls, place on the baking sheet.
- Using a spatula, lightly press down on the cookie balls, so they are more flat. Do not over flatten them.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before gobbling up!