Homemade hot chocolate is so much better than “just add hot water” instant hot chocolate. It’s richer, creamier, and tastier. It’s also almost just as instant as the “just add hot water” hot cocoa! This peppermint hot chocolate tastes like Christmas in a cup. I will be enjoying one this Christmas Eve, for sure. Every sip will put a smile on your face. 🙂 Merry Christmas friends!
Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate
what you need: (serves 1)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon enjoy life chocolate chips (or chocolate chips of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
what you do:
- In a small sauce pan, heat milk until it almost comes to a boil. Turn down heat to medium-low.
- Add cocoa powder, chocolate chips, vanilla, and peppermint.
- Whisk ingredients together, until chocolate chips melt.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, whisking periodically.
- Pour into a mug, and top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.