There is seriously hundreds of ways you can make and prepare sweet potatoes, but this is by far one of my favorites. It’s quick, easy, and doesn’t require a lot of prepping. This dish makes a beautiful side, next to some meat and vegetables. We ate this with a pork loin and some steamed carrots.
It’s been so cold this week! OK, I live in Southern California, so yes I know it has not been “freezing”. But, it feels that way to me! I don’t know how I could survive living in temperatures that go below 40 degrees. It’s been in the forties this week in the early mornings, so workouts have been miserable! There was a morning that I was doing the crossfit WOD with my jacket on. Shouldn’t I be warm enough to take off at least one layer? You would think so. I’ve been under the weather this week too, and I know it’s because of the weather! Whenever there is a big change in weather, I get sick. It happens every year right around the beginning of Winter. Winter starts in 3 days!
Happy weekend everyone! It’s the last weekend before Christmas to get all your last minute Christmas shopping done! And to stuff your face with good food and wine at holiday parties. Cheers!
Sweet Potato Rounds
what you need: (serves 2)
- 1 sweet potato, long and skinny
- olive oil
- feta cheese crumbles for garnish
what you do:
- Peel the sweet potato and rinse under cold water, dry off.
- Cut potato into round pieces. It is best is you have a long and skinny sweet potato, to just cut thin slices all the way across.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-low heat. Generously add olive oil, until the whole pan is coasted.
- Add as many sweet potato rounds that can fit on your pan.
- Sprinkle with thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Flip the rounds and sprinkle more thyme, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook un-covered for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove rounds from heat and set aside. Repeat until all of your sweet potato rounds are cooked. It took me 2 batches.
- Once your last batch is complete, add your first batch to the second batch in the pan, and lightly saute for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and place on a serving dish.
- Garnish with feta cheese crumbles.