I LOVE Cobb salads, but I never order them at restaurants because they are always made with iceberg lettuce…and I don’t like iceberg lettuce. What is the nutritional value in iceberg lettuce, anyway? I feel like I’m not getting any good vegetable nutrients in the salad, because the Cobb is loaded with good stuff like eggs, avocado, and bacon, and no additional vegetables. (Except for the few tomatoes) Subbing kale with iceberg lettuce is just more satisfying and tastier, to me. OK, enough of my Cobb salad rant. My husband and I had this salad for dinner and it was very filling. I food prepped the day (baked the chicken, turkey bacon, and eggs) before so I didn’t have to do any cooking for this meal. Which was nice, since I’ve been filling my evenings with wrapping gifts and watching Christmas movies. 🙂
what you need: (Serves 2)
- 8 oz kale (or lettuce of choice)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 pieces of turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
what you do:
- Divide your lettuce into 2 bowls.
- Make thin strips with the following diced ingredients, to fill up the whole salad bowl…chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, tomato, avocado, and onion. (You can add blue cheese crumbled also. I didn’t because there is a lot of blue cheese in the homemade dressing.)
- Eat with Homemade Greek Yogurt Blue cheese Dressing. This dressing was so good!