Happy Monday! I was so excited to share this recipe on a Monday morning. That leaves a week to make sure you have all the ingredients in your cabinets so come Saturday morning, you have all you need to enjoy these pancakes that will put a smile on your face. These are weekend pancakes, for sure. I love the white chocolate and cranberry combination so much that I wanted to come up with a different recipe, other than the oatmeal white chocolate cranberry cookies that I always make, to enjoy this Christmas season. I’ll be baking the cookies next weekend! I made real cranberry sauce for the first time this past Thanksgiving, so I was inspired to make it again and incorporate it in a recipe. Typically, with Thanksgiving, it’s just it’s own side dish on the table. That of course get’s eaten with everything on your plate!
Did anyone else do some Christmas shopping over the weekend? I’ve actually done a lot of online shopping this year, but I’ve been out with the crazies (me being one of them) in the stores too. One of the best places to shop, for certain items only, is Kohl’s. They always have sales, coupons, and offers their Kohl’s Cash deal. The best is when I hear, “You’ve saved $160 this trip.” How do they stay in business? I wish Target had those kind of deals. Target is like my Disneyland.
I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday! Don’t forget to check your cabinets and fridge to make sure you have all the ingredients you need to make these pancakes over the weekend. 🙂
White Chocolate Pancakes with Maple Cranberry Sauce
what you need: (serves 2, makes 6-8 pancakes)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used coconut oil)
For the Maple Cranberry Sauce:
- 8 oz cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
what you do:
- First make the Maple Cranberry Sauce. In a medium sauce pan, add cranberries and orange juice over medium – low heat. Once cranberries are cooked down some, about 5 minutes, mash them with a fork or potato masher. Add coconut sugar and maple syrup. Slowly stir and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add eggs, applesauce, almond milk, butter, and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the same bowl, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Heat oil of choice in a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add pancake sized circles onto the pan, I fit about 4. Place 5-7 white chocolate chips on top of each pancake. Cook about 5-7 minutes or until bottom seems nice and brown. Flip cake, and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan and repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Stack your pancakes and add the wonderful cranberry sauce on top! Happy Breakfast!