I love anything that has to do with ice cream. Like I don’t say that one enough! This is a delicious holiday-in-a-cup treat. It’s a perfect dessert while lazying around on the couch watching ABC Family Christmas movies. Because that’s exactly what I was doing the other night, and it was fabulous. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
Is anyone else almost 30 years old but still enjoys watching all the ABC Family Christmas movies? If you don’t, then you are missing out my friends. One of my favorites is Holiday In Handcuffs with Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez, originally aired in 2007. I also love Mistle-Tones with Tia Mowry and Tori Spelling. My DVR is currently filled with Christmas movies, including the classics of course! Now go turn on ABC Family and enjoy a Christmas movie and a chocolate peppermint milkshake, what better way than to spend a Friday night in December!
what you need: (serves 1)
- 6 almond milk ice cubes
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (I used Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream, which is all natural and gluten free!)
- 1 teaspoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 1 teaspoon crushed candy cane
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
what you do:
- Freeze almond milk in an ice cube tray. (I did this the night before)
- In a blender, add almond milk cubes, almond milk, ice cream, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, crushed candy cane and peppermint.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to your drinking cup and enjoy!