Happy Wednesday! I am so excited for this holiday weekend, that starts in just a few hours for me! My husband, cousin, her boyfriend, and I are headed up to aunt and uncle’s house in Sacramento for the Thanksgiving weekend. I am SO excited, but SO not looking forward to the car drive! I suck at road trips, because I hate the car so much. I get car sick so easily, I just have to sit there and stare out the window. I even get a little bit nauseous if I’m digging around in my purse looking for something for too long. It took my husband and I a few years to figure out what works best for us dealing with the road and cars. It frustrated him so much that 1. I’m horrible at directions, and he expects me to be the “navigator” since I’m in the passenger seat and 2. I get so car sick that I can’t really look at a map or figure out where we’re going very easily. He’s learned to except my inability to do anything in a car. 🙂 I’ll sometimes drive, if were trying to find someplace we’ve never been, so he can direct me where to go. He’ll also just look at freeways and traffic patterns and figure out our best route for a trip, before we get on the road. So, we have found what works for us. I wish I could be more helpful in the car! So anyway, it will be a long trip to Sacramento, especially with every one in their mother on the road driving out of town for Thanksgiving. But, road trips are fun with friends, regardless if I just have to sit there, and I’m looking forward to my destination! So, I’ll just sit there, chit chat, and rock out to good tunes. Taking a nap would be a good idea but, of course I can’t sleep in cars. No surprise there.
I had these pancakes for breakfast this morning and they were fabulous! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
what you need:
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
what you do:
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana with a potato masher or fork. Add eggs and coconut flour to the bowl, whisk together until completely mixed. (The batter will be thick.)
- Add shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and coconut extract to the bowl, stir together.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium size skillet. Once the skillet is hot, pour 4 pancake sized of your mix onto the skillet. Place a piece of foil over the top. (Don’t seal the edges of the foil along the pan.)
- Once the bottom is completely cooked (about 8-10 minutes) flip the pancake, and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stack those beautiful pancakes high on a plate, pour some pure maple syrup all over them, and enjoy! 🙂