Hello Monday! Why do you come to me so soon? Even though I usually work over the weekend, and a lot of times I have Mondays off, there is still something about Mondays that make you go, blah. Why is that? It should be a day of excitement and new beginnings. Every Monday should be treated like a new year! Mondays are a day where weekly goals are set, like workout goals, a specific diet, a productive list of what needs to get done that week, etc. etc. Those are things that make you excel in life, so we should all be hopeful and happy when Mondays comes along, right? OK, yes I know it’s challenging and sometimes not fun. But, I am working on trying to change my Monday’s blues from, blah, to “let’s do this!” I started off my Monday with one of these delicious paleo muffins that I baked yesterday evening. I didn’t eat the greatest over the weekend, so again, here comes a new week that I want to start off right. Paleo muffin it is!
what you need:
- 1 green apple
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup baking walnuts
what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners, or spray with a non-stick baking spray.
- Peel and core apple and cut into small cubes.
- In a small skillet over low-medium heat, add apples, butter, coconut sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook until apples become soft, stirring occasionally. (about 10-15 minute)
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, coconut flour, eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and sea salt. WIth a kitchen mixture, or a spoon, mix well until everything is blended together.
- Fold in apple mixture and baking walnuts.
- Using a medium size spoon, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full with you muffin mix.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before digging in!