I have never (and I mean it) ordered a hamburger from McDonald’s. It was all about the chicken nuggets. I haven’t ordered McDonald s in years, BUT, growing up and when I would eat it, I would order chicken nuggets with honey dipping sauce. Chicken nuggets with fries is still one of my all time favorite, indulging cheat meals, but I make my own gluten free version, which I actually like even better than the bad, fried version. I make these sweet potato fries with them. Grownups can enjoy chicken nuggets and fries too!
what you need: (serves 2)
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
what you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a large baking pan with foil, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread it around evenly on the pan, and set aside.
- Cut chicken into cubes. (Or purchase them already in cubes like I did!)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add almond meal, poultry seasoning, chili powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Add some of the chicken cubes, stir around and coat the chicken with the mixture. Transfer to the baking pan. Repeat until all of the chicken is coated and on the baking pan.
- Pour 1 more tablespoon of olive oil on top of the chicken.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven, flip over each chicken nugget. Place back into oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cook for 5 minutes before serving. These taste wonderful with ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey, or whichever dipping sauce you prefer!