Eggs. I seriously love eggs. Eggs are always apart of my breakfast; whether they are hard boiled eggs whites, scrambled egg whites with vegetables, a 3-egg omelet, or my gluten-free pancakes, they will make it in my “most important meal of the day.” I love the nutrition value on eggs, and how they are such a versatile ingredient in the kitchen. There are thousands of ways to cook and prepare eggs, which make them an exciting ingredient all the time! I made this egg bake, and Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls for brunch this past Sunday. It was the first morning where the house was a little chilly, because the temperature has finally been dropping a bit. It was so nice to use the oven, and bake a warm and yummy breakfast. It got me extremely excited for the Fall season! Yay, Southern California is finally starting to cool down. Now, can we please get some rain!?
what you need: (serves 4)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 6 baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium size skillet, cook 1/2 pound of ground turkey sausage. Break the meat into crumbles, and cook until brown. Set aside.
- Dice cherry tomatoes and green onion. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add 6 eggs, water, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk together for about 3 minutes.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, and green onion to the mixing bowl. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.