Cream of wheat reminds me of my childhood. I was obsessed, and ate it all the time. My mom would make it for me for breakfast on the weekends, and I would sometimes make it as my after school snack. I don’t eat it much anymore, but when I do, it’s memories in a bowl! There is not much protein in cream of wheat, so I would recommend eating this with some egg whites on the side, so you’ll feel satisfied and full until lunch.
what you need:
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons cream of wheat
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
what you do:
- In a medium sized sauce pan, stir in almond milk and water. Once warm, add pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and sea salt.
- Stir ingredients together until well mixed and bring to almost a boil.
- Slowly stir in cream of wheat. Continue to stir until the cream of wheat thickens (about 4-6 minutes).
- Pour into your bowl, stir in maple syrup if you prefer it a little more sweet.