Want to know the perfect snack for your evening sweet tooth in October? OK, here it is. 1 raw almond, 1 candy corn, put in your mouth at the same time. It is so good! Eat about 5 of those, and your sweet tooth will be cured. I have a candy bowl full of almonds and candy corn that I leave out during Fall. I like to add the fall colored M&M’s also, but just to make the candy bowl look prettier, and for guests. 🙂 I wanted to experiment mixing the candy corn and almonds with a favorite treat of mine, The Original Kellog’s Rice Krispies Treats. Yum, yum!
what you need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10oz) marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellog’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup raw almonds
what you do:
- Chop almonds into small pieces. (I put them in a baggie and took a hammer to it! But you can use a food processor)
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and candy corn, stir until completely melted.
- Add cereal and almonds, stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2 -inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cool, cut into squares. Best if eaten same day. But, they will still taste good for a few days!