I went on a jog yesterday, just 3 miles, and felt so good after! It’s been a while since I popped in my headphones and took a jog around the neighborhood. My form of workout is Crossfit. I go about 4 days a week. I LOVE crossfit, everything about it – the community, the movements, the group classes, how every workout is different, are just a few of the many things I love about it. But, it’s good to get out there and do other things, as well. I need to remind myself that on some of my days off from crossfit, that I would enjoy a nice little run around the neighborhood! It’s also a good time to listen to music. Remember when you were younger, middle school/high school days, and you could just sit in your room for hours listening to music? Those were the days..
This meal was inspired by a dish my dad used to make when I was younger. I don’t know his exact recipe (I guess I could just ask him) but I remember it had something to do with sour cream, mushroom, and chicken. I wanted to make my own version, but I’ll definitely ask him for his recipe to make sometime. I’m sure his is better than mine, because he’s a damn good cook! I’m sorry the recipe below is mine, not his! 🙂 I promise it’s tasty though!
what you need:
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 soup can cream of mushroom
- organic chicken broth (1 soup can full)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Lundberg Wild Rice Blend
what you do:
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot, and salt and pepper each side.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add cream of mushroom and 1 can full of chicken broth.
- Stir together, microwave 30 seconds, stir, microwave an additional 30 seconds, stir.
- Add sour cream, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for 30 seconds, stir.
- Add garlic and onion powder, stir well.
- Pour mixture oven chicken, in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- About 45 minutes before chicken is done cooking, or once it’s done and crock pot is set on warm, make your rice.
- Follow instructions on rice package. I made mine in a rice cooker. I added about 2 tablespoons extra of water, so it can cook a little bit longer to soften just a bit more.
- Using 2 forks, shred your chicken in your crock pot.
- Scoop chicken and some creamy sauce on top of your cooked rice, Voila!
I steamed some broccoli and had that on the side to complete my meal:)