The time is here! Trader Joe’s has their shelves stocked with pumpkin and cornbread! Just a tip, even if you don’t need canned pumpkin or cornbread, and you’re at Trader Joe’s and it’s there, takes it! You will want it in your future, trust me. They run out frequently, so it’s better just to have them sitting in your cupboard waiting for you.
I think this is the first year Trader Joe’s has a gluten free corn bread mix! Either that, or this is the first year I’m noticing it. Either way, it makes me happy. My husband said how dangerous the cornbread was last night; stating he could eat the whole pan. I agreed. Don’t worry we have control; the whole pan did not disappear. It’s just that he typically doesn’t like cornbread because he thinks it’s too dry, and this corn bread was so moist! We realized after we ate it that we forgot to eat it with butter or honey. It’s just that moist, tasty, and delicious, no extra butter or honey is needed! This will pair perfectly this coming fall season, with some tasty crockpot chili. Now, if only this California weather could drop at least 20 degrees, from 95 to 75, so I can bundle up with chili for a night, instead of sprawled out by a fan.
what you need:
- 1 package (15oz) Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 can cream of corn
- 1/4 cup sour cream
what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt a stick of butter in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add you melted butter, egg, cream of corn, and sour cream to a kitchen aid or regular mixing bowl. Whisk well until everything is blended together.
- Add the 15oz package of cornbread
- Stir well until everything is blended together.
- Pour mix into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Back for 30 minutes.
- Let cornbread cool for 10 before serving. *Warning – it will be a long 10 minutes!