My husband and I had a few days off in a row from work together, which doesn’t happen often, unless we were going on vacation. We talked about going somewhere, like Disneyland, or camping, but it didn’t seem as though we had the energy to go do anything. But, we also didn’t want to just sit around the house either. We had 3 days off, a Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, so I came up with a fun Day Date idea. We would each plan a day of what we were going to do, but not tell the other person so it could be a surprise. We set a 1-2 hour driving limitation, and a max dollar amount we could spend. I was planning Sunday, my husband planned Monday, and Tuesday was our laze around the house, grocery shopping, laundry type day. It was perfect! Best three days off! Who needs a vacation when you can do exciting things and fun things close to home.
My Planned Day Date:
- 9:00am – Church service in Agoura Hills. (about 35 minutes from home)
- 10:30am – Lunch at Hugo’s. (This is the place that brought me to Agoura! I was searching for gluten-free restaurants. Read about our experience and review on the food HERE.
- 12:00pm – Saw the Minions movie, the movie theater was in the plaza right next door to Hugo’s. Perfect! My husband enjoys seeing animated movies. I do, but I like to rent them, not see them in the theater. So, this was a nice surprise for him. We both agreed that the movie was actually just, OK.
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Hung out/did some work at Starbucks. Hanging out at coffee shops doing productive things reminds me of my college years. I love coffee shops. I worked on my blog, and my husband did some business stuff.
- 4:30 – 6:30pm – Enjoyed wine tasting and an early dinner at, Stonehaus Winery. This place is the perfect day date! Amazing atmosphere, it was perfect. (Read about our experience and review on the food HERE, COMING SOON)
- 7:00pm – Stopped and got Froyo at our favorite frozen yogurt place, Menchie’s, on the way home.
My Husband’s Planned Day Date:
- 10:00am – Walk/hike in Ventura Botanical Gardens.
- 11:00am – 12:30 – Drop in yoga class at Ventura Yoga Studio. I was so surprised! He knew how much I’d been enjoying yoga, so sweet! It was fun to do a yoga class together! Completely different than our Crossfit workouts! 🙂
- 1:00pm – Hung around our house, made yummy smoothies, and got ready for the next part of our day. I was informed to put on something nice.
- 3:00pm – Left for Malibu! I knew where we were headed as soon as he got on PCH!
- 4:00pm – Walked around some shops in a small Malibu complex. It was fun to revisit, because I had worked at that The Coffee Bean that was in that complex when I was younger!
- 5:15pm – Dinner reservations at Geoffrey’s. We had been talking about going to this place forever! (Read about our experience and review on the food HERE, COMING SOON)
- 7:00pm – Nice stroll on the private beach directly below Geoffrey’s.
- 8:00pm – Home! Movie in bed.