Happy Monday! Today is my day off from work. A day where I can catch up on sleep, right? Wrong. The most annoying part about it is that I always stay up later the night before, thinking that I’d get to sleep in. Then I don’t, and I get to be tired all day on my day off. Possibly, I can try to take a nap later. But, I doubt it. I haven’t been able to sleep during the day since my college years.
It sounds like I’m ready for kids, since I’m apparently over the whole sleeping thing anyway. Bring it!
Aside from my grumpy rant about being tired, I did have a wonderful morning making these blueberry pancakes! Pancakes can make any morning better, especially guilt-free pancakes. 🙂
what you need: (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup all natural applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond meal, and eggs.
- Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, and blueberries.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Once skillet is hot, pour 3 pancake sized onto the skillet from your batter, making sure blueberries get into each one.
- Cook for 5 – 8 minutes, flip pancake, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from skillet, repeat with the rest of the batter. (Should be one more batch, making 3 more pancakes)
- Eat plain (the blueberries melted and add a nice texture and sweetness) or eat with a little bit of pure maple syrup for some extra sweetness.