These pancakes pair beautifully with a weekend morning and a cup of coffee. They are satisfying, delightful, and oh so delicious. I love the taste and flavor of coffee, (like coffee ice cream!) and I love the taste of pancakes. So, why not put the two together?
what you need:
- 1 banana
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate covered espresso beans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 stevia packet
- Pure maple syrup (optional for topping)
what you do: (serves 1-2)
- Mash a banana, with a fork or potato masher, in a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 eggs, stir together.
- Add coconut flour, vanilla, cocoa, coffee grounds, mix well together.
- Put the espresso beans in a plastic baggy, and crush them into pieces with a hammer or something heavy.
- Add 2 tablespoon crushed espresso beans to your pancake mix, stir well. Set the rest of the crushed espresso beans aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium size skillet. Once the skillet is hot, pour 3 pancake sized of your mix onto the skillet. Let sit for 5 minutes, flip the pancake, and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, and repeat one more time. (Batter will make 5-6 pancakes, depending on your size)
- Stack em’ high on your plate! Add the rest of the crushed espresso beans on top, and snap a photo! You’d be surprised how beautiful a stack of pancakes looks! Eat with maple syrup (optional) or just plain!