This dinner of ours, from the other night, was put together from left overs. I had left over Veggie Shredded Chicken and some cheese and corn tortillas in the fridge from taco night. Perfect, quesadillas it is! I love quesadillas, but I don’t like the kind you get from restaurants that just make you feel sick after, because they’re loaded with pounds of cheese and butter, and made with flour tortillas. I’d much rather have mine loaded with veggies and protein.
what you need: (serves 2)
- 6 yellow corn tortillas
- 2 cups Veggie Shredded Chicken
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice (I think sharp white cheddar would be best, but I used what I had in the fridge, cheddar)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fat of choice (I used olive oil)
what you do:
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of fat (olive oil) on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Place 2 corn tortillas on the pan, prop their backsides together, so only half of each tortilla is directly on the pan. (see photo below)
- Add about 1/4 cup of Veggie Shredded Chicken, and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle a few red pepper flakes.
- Fold over the tortillas and pat down with your spatula.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes (or until it is slightly brown) and flip to cook 3-5 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from heat, add another 1/2 tablespoon of fat, and repeat 2 more times!
- Eat w/ salsa, guacamole, or just plain!