Mmmm…I just tasted a preview of Fall. The spicy, cinnamon, chai flavors just brings a warmth, even if it’s a blended drink, that makes you want to sit in front of a fireplace and eat pumpkin cookies. Too bad it’s 80 degrees out right now. I shouldn’t be complaining though, Southern California weather is the BEST. We pay to live in this weather…and I’ll happily pay for it! I’ve just started acquiring a taste for plain black tea, but for some reason, I have always enjoyed chai tea. It is that delicious. I think I see a chai pumpkin creation in my near future.
what you need:
- 2 chai tea bags
- 4oz water
- 1 frozen banana (sliced)
- sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
what you do:
- brew tea, using only 4oz of water with 2 tea bags. (this is to make it extra strong) Boil 4 oz of water, pour the water in a ceramic cup with 2 tea bags. Brew for 4 minutes, remove tea bags, place tea in the refrigerator to cool.
- put the frozen banana slices into the cup/glass you will be drinking the smoothie from.
- pour half brewed tea (about 4oz), half almond milk to the rim of the frozen bananas (if the bananas don’t fill the whole cup, don’t fill the whole cup with liquid. Only fill up to the bananas.)
- pour ingredients in cup into a blender (bananas, tea, and almond milk)
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and ginger.
- blend until smooth (It should be thick and creamy)
- Pour back into glass, drink, and enjoy!