This meal is perfect if you are just wanting to eat meat and vegetables, because it is not boring just meat and vegetables. Sometimes having just a chicken breast and some steamed vegetables is just not that satisfying. I’m always thinking of new ways to cook and combine the two together to make is more exciting. Eating is supposed to be exciting and enjoyable. Boring food just isn’t enjoyable. You will absolutely enjoy this meal! Don’t forget the avocado! You need some fat to make it fully satisfying.
what you need:
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- lemon pepper to taste
- avocado for garnish
what you do:
- Place chicken breasts in a crockpot
- Add water in a measuring cup or bowl and stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Pour water mixture over chicken, cook on high for 8 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred chicken on a cutting board using 2 forks. (Skip this step if you food prepped for the week and already have shredded chicken in your fridge!) (see early post about it here.)
- Thinly slice green pepper, onion, and zucchini into thinly sliced strips.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium, and add olive oil and minced garlic. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add green pepper, onion, and zucchini.
- Cook until veggies are cooked down. (onions will be translucent.)
- Add shredded chicken to the skillet, mix all together and sprinkle some lemon pepper.
- Serve in a bowl, garnished w/ avocado.