Fun and easy treat idea! Bring these to a party, or better yet, make them for yourself when you are craving a sweet treat. This is better a better choice, and a lot more delicious, then some over processed candy bar!
what you need:
- 7 Graham Crackers
- about 1/2 cup peanut butter of choice (my favorite is Smart Balance it is all natural, and doesn’t require any refrigeration.)
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice (my favorite is Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, gluten free, dairy free, etc.)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- non stick cooking spray (I used coconut oil)
what you do:
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray generously with your non stock cooking spray.
- break 1 full graham cracker in half. Generously spread peanut butter on one half, and put the other half on top, like a peanut butter sandwich! (*note: easy delicious snack right there! Try it, you’ll love it)
- Continue with the rest of the crackers.
- Once your sandwiches are made, start melting your chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler. A smaller size pot is better for dipping and working with a small amount of chocolate. I created my own by balancing a small saucepan on top of a boiling pot of water, since my double broiler was too big. See pictures below. (It’s the heat and steam from the water that then melts your chocolate. Don’t put your pot directly on the boiling water.)
- Once chocolate is nice and melted, dip your cracker sandwich half way in the chocolate, let it drip a little bit, then transfer it to your parchment paper baking sheet.
- If adding sprinkles, sprinkle them on before placing it down on the baking sheet.
- Continue with your sandwiches.
- Once done, place pan in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 min, then they are ready to eat!
Store in an air tight container (or zip lock baggie) in the fridge and enjoy for up to 3-4 days.