The reason why I put quotations around ice cream, is because it is technically not ice cream. It wasn’t made in an ice cream maker, the ingredients don’t include cream and sugar, and the texture is slightly different. However, it is cold and creamy, and I ate it out of an ice cream bowl. Therefor, to me, it is ice cream. 🙂 You all know, or possibly you are just learning, that I love ice cream. This recipe is actually a smoothie I’ve been making in the mornings for breakfast. I blend it up, and take it to go on the way to work. Today, Saturday, I decided to stick my creation in the freezer to see if I could eat it like ice cream for lunch today. Yes, ice cream for lunch. All day, everyday. It worked, and turned out delicious! I got to enjoy my “smoothie” as “ice cream” while soaking up some rays in the backyard today. It was great. I found myself, In that moment, thinking…life is good. Life will always be good when there’s ice cream involved.
what you need:
- 1-1/2 frozen banana
- about 1 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s blueberry flaxseed
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
what you do: (5 min prep, about 2 hours to get frozen)
- put your frozen banana in a cup
- pour the almond milk in the cup almost up to the bananas.
- pour almond milk and bananas into blender
- add the blueberry flax seed and vanilla.
- blend until smooth and creamy
- transfer to a bowl, dream about for a few hours.
- eat and enjoy!