This dish hits the spot if you are craving spaghetti, but don’t want to consume the heaviness from pasta. I make spaghetti either with spaghetti squash or broccoli slaw. Both are wonderful, but broccoli slaw takes about 5-7 minutes to cook, spaghetti squash takes about an hour. I find myself making the broccoli slaw more. Hmm, I wonder why? Quick and easy is what I like, I know that concept will come in even more handy when I have children!
What you need:
- 1 bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 ILB Italian Turkey Sausage Links
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can favorite marinara sauce
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- grated mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
what you do:
- Add the onion and garlic to a sauce pan and sauté until onions become translucent. Add the sauce and can of tomatoes to the sauce pan. Bring sauce to a boil, then cover and simmer.
- Cook the Italian links over medium heat in a skillet. Once cooked through, cut the links into cubes and add them to the sauce.
- In a large skillet, add the bag of broccoli slaw and ¼ cup water and cook over medium heat until the slaw is cooked down. (about 5 – 7 minutes).
- Add the sauce to the broccoli slaw in the skillet and mix well.
- Add a layer of fresh mozzarella cheese over the top and sprinkle some parmesan on the top. Cover the skillet until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!