I’ve been on this broccoli salad kick. I’m not sure if it’s because I feel like I get more nutrients with the broccoli vs. just lettuce or if it’s because the fact that dressing gets stuck in the broccoli florets and makes each bite a dressing surprise. Probably, the dressing stuck in the broccoli wins it over. I usually just throw a bunch of food items in the broccoli salad (whatever is in my fridge) but this one combination of food awakened my taste buds. I knew I had to make this one an “official” recipe and now I make it all the time. Hope you like it as much as I do!
serves 2 -4
What you need:
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 4 pc. of bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup goddess dressing
What you do:
- Cook bacon on stovetop, set aside to cool. Cut into little pieces.
- Cut the broccoli florets off of the stems (I like to leave a little bit of the stem) wash them and dap them dry with a paper towel.
- Put broccoli, bacon, raisins, almonds, red onions, cheese, and dressing in a mixing bowl and mix everything together.
- Transfer to a serving dish, eat, and enjoy! 🙂