More is always better! In terms of pizza toppings, that is. I like to create healthier and different versions of my favorite types of food. This one came to mind because literally, I was craving pizza. I love pizza. Who wouldn’t love pizza?
Recently, my husband has been hinting to me his dislike for plain quinoa. He loves it when I mix it with a whole bunch of different things. I had recently made a cold quinoa salad with chopped avocados, cheese, onions, etc. so every time I mentioned we were having quinoa for part of our dinner, he would hope it would be that kind of salad, not just plain, boring quinoa.
Between my pizza craving, and my husband’s new love for cold quinoa salads, this recipe was envisioned in my head. I couldn’t wait to go to the store to grab all the yummy and fun ingredients and throw it all together! It ended up tasting just like a supreme pizza! Well, minus the hot, carby, cheesy part. Ha ha, enjoy!
PS: My husband loved it!
What you need:
- Approx. 4 cups of cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 2.25oz can black sliced olives, drained
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced artichoke heart (I bought the artichoke hearts in a can and then diced them)
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 cup fully cooked Canadian bacon, diced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
What you do:
- Dice all your ingredients (olives, artichoke hearts, green pepper, cheese, onion, Canadian bacon, and pepperoni)…the best pepperoni! All natural and gluten free.
- Toss your ingredients together in a large bowl with the cooked quinoa.
- Prepare your dressing in a separate bowl. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, spicy brown mustard, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour dressing over tossed quinoa, stir well.
- -Eat, and enjoy!