These nachos turned out delicious! They kind of just got thrown together, but sometimes those are the best meals and creations. I was on my way home from Vons, and I was starving, so of course I was thinking about what I was going to make for dinner. I had just bought some sweet potato chips, and knew I had some avocados at home so I figured I could eat some chips and guacamole while I cook dinner. After trying sweet potato chips with guacamole, you won’t want to go back to regular chips. Just like sweet potato fries vs. regular fries. It’s all about the sweet potatoes. Anyway, I had a pound of ground turkey in the fridge so I just started cooking that. As I was browning the meat, and eating my chips and quac, I really wanted to dip my chip in the meat. I then remembered I had cheese in the fridge, which is very rare. So…nachos it is! Why not? My step dad used to make the best nachos growing up, so this dinner brought back some memories.
To sophisticate this recipe, you can make your own sweet potato chips, and add more chopped yummy goodness for toppings. (peppers, olives, green onion, etc.) But for a 30 min meal, this is all you need.
What you need:
- sweet potato chips
- 1 pound ground turkey/beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lime
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- onion powder, garlic power, lime to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, as much or little to your liking
- 1 tomato, diced
What you do:
- Start by cooking the meat over medium heat. Once the meat is slightly brown, add the chopped onion. Once the onions are translucent, add the chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, hot sauce, lime, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Lower heat and cover for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Next you can prepare your guacamole and chop your tomato. For the quac, mash 1 avocado and mix in sea salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic power, and lime..all to taste.
- Lay sweet potato chips on a microwavable plate.
- Add the meat on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle cheese all over the meat.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Add chopped tomato and guacamole
- Eat up! Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.